Wednesday, November 3, 2010

Ten Weeks and Some Change

Sweet Baby James,

Hello darling! Just because I haven't written in here in a couple weeks doesn't mean I haven't been thinking of you, because I totally HAVE. Every waking minute I am thinking about you in there growing and, day by day, making your way into the little person I will love.

So what's been up these past two weeks... well, for starters, you have grown to be bigger than a kumquat! Now you are over an inch long, and you can open and close your fists and kick your little feet. I won't be able to feel it for a while, but it's pretty cool to know that you're moving around in there already.

The nausea has subsided considerably, but the exhaustion is now full-force. I try to sleep and rest as much as I can, which makes me feel like a lazy bum, but I suppose I have many months ahead to get stuff done. Although... not that many months when I think about it! 10 weeks means I'm over a quarter of the way through this pregnancy, and when I put it that way, you'll be here before I know it!

Although I'm not so nauseous anymore, I still have a hard time pinpointing any food that sounds good to eat. It is the strangest feeling, my little dearie. I've always been a picky eater - a trait I hope not to pass along to you - but this isn't really like that. It's more like... like nothing sounds good at all, and until I think of the exact thing that DOES sound good, I don't really want to eat anything. But once I think of that thing, I'm kind of ravenous for it. I guess that explains why I've eaten two boxes of mac and cheese in the past two days? That's mostly what you and I want to eat these days - bland, warm carb-y foods. Potatoes, pasta, bread, cereal. Can you start helping me crave nice healthy foods like salads and fruit? It'll do us both some good, okay?

I'm excited because we're getting closer and closer to being able to tell the whole world about your impending arrival. This weekend I'll be 11 weeks. Can I make it one more week after that? We shall see! I've already told most of my coworkers, and Ben's told many of his too. There are still a few friends I'm hoping to see and tell in person in the next week.

Many people ask me if I think you are going to be a boy or a girl. I really don't know! Since, with one exception, EVERY single one of the MANY pregnant and new moms I know has had or is having a girl, I feel like the odds are that you have to be a boy. But I don't really know and I don't have a "vibe" either way. In fact, for the past couple days, I dreamed I was having twins. Are there two of you in there? Should I be addressing this to the Sweet Babies James? I don't really think that is the case, but I suppose you never know...

I love you, baby of mine, whoever you are. Night night.

Love Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment