Thursday, November 11, 2010

Coming Up on 12 Weeks!

Sweet Baby James,

Hello darling! In just a couple days I'll be 12 weeks along. That is crazy business. Right now you're well on your way to being the size of a lime. My goodness, that seems so... substantial!

Today I thought about how awesome it will be when I make you laugh. I just know I'll love the sound of your little giggles and the sight of your toothless little grin. That thought might just keep me going for the next week.

I have been having some trouble sleeping. I am struggling to sleep on my side. Laying on my back isn't really comfortable any more, and neither is laying on my stomach. I don't know if it has to do with the hormones that stretch out my ligaments and make my joints extra flexy, but laying on my side just sends burning pain through my hips. I told Ben yesterday that I needed a recliner and I was only half joking. Last night I put a pillow under my hip and that seemed to help a little.

Let's see, what else... well, I had to go and buy some maternity pants! That was an exciting and extremely comfy step. Most of my stuff still fits but it is getting tighter and tighter. Last night I had a dream that I could really see and feel the "bump" of you in my tummy. I'm not quite there yet, but I know it is coming soon!

I think in the next couple days we will be making the official announcement of your impending arrival. Can't wait to shout that one from the rooftops, little one.

Love,

Momma

No comments:

Post a Comment